Mizunos are the best shoes for running I just read!
They are slightly on the higher side! Pricey Pricey!
Fail
!
Why do I want to run a Half Marathon ?
1) Discipline. Considering I am as disciplined as I am, I want to improve stamina and do something as a part of my daily routine. The best way to get in shape is to make it a part of my routine.! Primarily, I want to plan something for a couple of months and bloody get to the end of it! Work and Running and 'Searching' and everything else!
2) Growing accustomed to sacrifice something for something I want to really do. I guess this is something I'm going to have to get used to doing a lot!
3) Do something I think I can do! and feel good about achieving a goal that I thought was achievable!
[I haven't done this in ages!, clearly I haven't achieved anything big in sometime, lack of discipline I guess is primary reason! Lack of drive is next!]
4) Feel good about running through mountains on a misty morning with 200 odd people! maybe a take a photo or two!
This is attempt 3.
I tried attempt 1 in Aug Sept 2010. I ended up with 2 torn ligaments on the left ankle after an involved game of ultimate frisbee. (When am I not involved when playing!)
Attempt 2 was last October (2011). I emailed a couple of people if they'd be interested! Surprisingly a whole lot of people are enthusiastic about a 5k. Nobody is keen on doing the drill for the 13 mile. The few folks who were did not seem too interested at first. After a few emails, I found 2 blokes.
Both seemed more interested if I managed to train. Instead I believe they should've been worrying about if we could train together!
I ran every alternate day in the field house for 3 weeks. Midway into my third week, my knees and shins were revolting. I pushed myself a little too hard (5k ~ 25 minutes). I fell ill and my knees were tired of running without stretching (to be read as stifling pain on shin and right knee).
After this, I decided to see if I can learn to swim over the summer (2012). I will answer this question when I think I've learnt to swim! Currently, I'm laughable to see. I think my chances of doing something with my feet on the ground are higher!
So come September 2012, I want to run!
Half Marathons are expensive. But the truth is that I need to practice before I can convince myself that I can do it! I'll buy the pass if I believe that I can do it. Even if its worth about $125.
This is not about the money. Just to reiterate, this is about convincing myself that I can be disciplined and that I can achieve something if I work hard enough to get it. Even if I am the loser self that I am! Its been a really long time since I worked hard to get something. For the last couple of years, I've been slacking off. Not putting in the hours or doing the grind. This is not good. And if I am to become someone worthwhile, I need to believe that I can do it. This is a test for myself.
The folks don't need to know. Nobody needs to know. If you read this. Keep to self.
Who cares about my frivolities!
And if you're out there laughing at this, I will see you rot in hell. Eventually.
And as the wise Buddy said once, 'Victory is in Preparation'. This is a war with the beasts within. Let the battle begin!
They are slightly on the higher side! Pricey Pricey!
Fail
!
Why do I want to run a Half Marathon ?
1) Discipline. Considering I am as disciplined as I am, I want to improve stamina and do something as a part of my daily routine. The best way to get in shape is to make it a part of my routine.! Primarily, I want to plan something for a couple of months and bloody get to the end of it! Work and Running and 'Searching' and everything else!
2) Growing accustomed to sacrifice something for something I want to really do. I guess this is something I'm going to have to get used to doing a lot!
3) Do something I think I can do! and feel good about achieving a goal that I thought was achievable!
[I haven't done this in ages!, clearly I haven't achieved anything big in sometime, lack of discipline I guess is primary reason! Lack of drive is next!]
4) Feel good about running through mountains on a misty morning with 200 odd people! maybe a take a photo or two!
This is attempt 3.
I tried attempt 1 in Aug Sept 2010. I ended up with 2 torn ligaments on the left ankle after an involved game of ultimate frisbee. (When am I not involved when playing!)
Attempt 2 was last October (2011). I emailed a couple of people if they'd be interested! Surprisingly a whole lot of people are enthusiastic about a 5k. Nobody is keen on doing the drill for the 13 mile. The few folks who were did not seem too interested at first. After a few emails, I found 2 blokes.
Both seemed more interested if I managed to train. Instead I believe they should've been worrying about if we could train together!
I ran every alternate day in the field house for 3 weeks. Midway into my third week, my knees and shins were revolting. I pushed myself a little too hard (5k ~ 25 minutes). I fell ill and my knees were tired of running without stretching (to be read as stifling pain on shin and right knee).
After this, I decided to see if I can learn to swim over the summer (2012). I will answer this question when I think I've learnt to swim! Currently, I'm laughable to see. I think my chances of doing something with my feet on the ground are higher!
So come September 2012, I want to run!
Half Marathons are expensive. But the truth is that I need to practice before I can convince myself that I can do it! I'll buy the pass if I believe that I can do it. Even if its worth about $125.
This is not about the money. Just to reiterate, this is about convincing myself that I can be disciplined and that I can achieve something if I work hard enough to get it. Even if I am the loser self that I am! Its been a really long time since I worked hard to get something. For the last couple of years, I've been slacking off. Not putting in the hours or doing the grind. This is not good. And if I am to become someone worthwhile, I need to believe that I can do it. This is a test for myself.
The folks don't need to know. Nobody needs to know. If you read this. Keep to self.
Who cares about my frivolities!
And if you're out there laughing at this, I will see you rot in hell. Eventually.
And as the wise Buddy said once, 'Victory is in Preparation'. This is a war with the beasts within. Let the battle begin!