Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bradbury and Zen!

I finally finished Ray Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing. (No brownie points for guessing that I had overshot the return date )

I will leave you with a thought at the end of this post.



Reading this excerpt from this wonderful book, I implore you to grab the nearest copy of this wonderful book and read it from end to end. His arguments on why Science Fiction is as awesome as it is and how it originated, are fascinating. His perspectives on problem solving and his underlying joy when discussing these ideas just fills your cup as you read just this one page.

lastly, Bradbury asks, "How do bees smell ?"

I spent a really long time (almost 24 hours) trying to figure out if I've ever done something as remarkable as smelling a bee. Read on, Child. Read this wonderful happy book!