I need to become more patient with myself and the people around me.
I tried playing football(soccer) on Friday. What happened is that we had a few people who haven't played before. So playing with them can be frustrating and sometimes annoying.
A) they sometimes don't have a sense of the game. We are playing with 16 people (8-a-side).
B) they sometimes don't get the first touch correctly.
C) Late tackles on injury prone ankles and shins!
Yes, I do scream at people when things like this happen. Yes, I do remember how I learnt to play. Yes, I really need to cool off as it does take sometime to learn to play the game and it does take sometime to actually enjoy playing it.
Yes I do need to become a little more patient about playing any game.
I am so full of myself sometimes. I seem to forget the distinction between playing for fun and playing to win.
To me this distinction does not exist. I'm happy playing to my heart's content and losing. I'm happy losing if I believe we've put a fight and we've played as a team.
Yes, I have weird notions of playing and I do have a weirder sense of satisfaction. and justification.
If you do get time, there is this Australian TV show called 'Satisfaction' about the lives of women in Brothels and the life of an escort.
I don't remember talking about this. Forgive my choice of TV shows and I'll ignore any thoughts you may have along these lines. Its actually a good show if you dig deep down. I seem to enjoy only Dramas these days.
aside :
I read about David Foster Wallace and his commencement speech from 2005. GD posted this up on Facebook. Expect GDAS to come up with something that makes an 'intelligent' read. Everything he says here is True. Nothing appears made up and it is something that one should rightfully tell a bunch of graduating kids. I mean this is something I'd like to tell my kids or someone I am protective about. I'd tell this to the whole world, but people will say that I have far too much time on my hands spending time on Facebook or that I have nothing better in the world to do / achieve. Who knows what stories people can talk about behind your back....
One such paragraph from the above link throws light on my insecurities!
I'll have a whole new post/conversation about commencements and commencement speeches and my thoughts along the same at a later time! I can go on and on about this.
I found his(David Foster) writings on Roger Federer. Its really really really good. I can sense the Federer Fan in him!
I read about his wife,and her interview (Karen L. Green's interview) around the time of the release of the 'Pale King'. This is slightly dark and tough to read. She seems troubled herself. I can't blame her I guess. Its a hard read. You may have heard of / seen the forgiveness machine. It was conceptualized and built by her!
Yes, I really don't know much about the world. I want to read his work. Did I tell you that I have 2 books at home!! Would anyone believe me if I told them that I'm reading and that I have two books at home!
Also Emmy's today. I want Downton/ MadMen to win! More Downton!
Also when updating posts comments such as these in paranthesis aren't "published" on the blog! (it had angular braces and "insert random smiley face" written there!)
I tried playing football(soccer) on Friday. What happened is that we had a few people who haven't played before. So playing with them can be frustrating and sometimes annoying.
A) they sometimes don't have a sense of the game. We are playing with 16 people (8-a-side).
B) they sometimes don't get the first touch correctly.
C) Late tackles on injury prone ankles and shins!
Yes, I do scream at people when things like this happen. Yes, I do remember how I learnt to play. Yes, I really need to cool off as it does take sometime to learn to play the game and it does take sometime to actually enjoy playing it.
Yes I do need to become a little more patient about playing any game.
I am so full of myself sometimes. I seem to forget the distinction between playing for fun and playing to win.
To me this distinction does not exist. I'm happy playing to my heart's content and losing. I'm happy losing if I believe we've put a fight and we've played as a team.
Yes, I have weird notions of playing and I do have a weirder sense of satisfaction. and justification.
If you do get time, there is this Australian TV show called 'Satisfaction' about the lives of women in Brothels and the life of an escort.
I don't remember talking about this. Forgive my choice of TV shows and I'll ignore any thoughts you may have along these lines. Its actually a good show if you dig deep down. I seem to enjoy only Dramas these days.
aside :
I read about David Foster Wallace and his commencement speech from 2005. GD posted this up on Facebook. Expect GDAS to come up with something that makes an 'intelligent' read. Everything he says here is True. Nothing appears made up and it is something that one should rightfully tell a bunch of graduating kids. I mean this is something I'd like to tell my kids or someone I am protective about. I'd tell this to the whole world, but people will say that I have far too much time on my hands spending time on Facebook or that I have nothing better in the world to do / achieve. Who knows what stories people can talk about behind your back....
One such paragraph from the above link throws light on my insecurities!
If you worship money and things -- if they are where you tap real meaning in life -- then you will never have enough. Never feel you have enough. It's the truth. Worship your own body and beauty and sexual allure and you will always feel ugly, and when time and age start showing, you will die a million deaths before they finally plant you. On one level, we all know this stuff already -- it's been codified as myths, proverbs, clichés, bromides, epigrams, parables: the skeleton of every great story. The trick is keeping the truth up-front in daily consciousness. Worship power -- you will feel weak and afraid, and you will need ever more power over others to keep the fear at bay. Worship your intellect, being seen as smart -- you will end up feeling stupid, a fraud, always on the verge of being found out. And so on.
I'll have a whole new post/conversation about commencements and commencement speeches and my thoughts along the same at a later time! I can go on and on about this.
I found his(David Foster) writings on Roger Federer. Its really really really good. I can sense the Federer Fan in him!
I read about his wife,and her interview (Karen L. Green's interview) around the time of the release of the 'Pale King'. This is slightly dark and tough to read. She seems troubled herself. I can't blame her I guess. Its a hard read. You may have heard of / seen the forgiveness machine. It was conceptualized and built by her!
Yes, I really don't know much about the world. I want to read his work. Did I tell you that I have 2 books at home!! Would anyone believe me if I told them that I'm reading and that I have two books at home!
Also Emmy's today. I want Downton/ MadMen to win! More Downton!
Also when updating posts comments such as these in paranthesis aren't "published" on the blog! (it had angular braces and "insert random smiley face" written there!