Saturday, February 2, 2013

The House of Cards.

There are some things that I really get excited to watch be it on TV or in theater. I derive happiness from good work on TV or theater. Be it The Social Network or TV shows like say Mad Men, the Newsroom, (I hadn't mentioned any Anime/Manga, but you already know thats a given, hence accounted for) I've endured through the bad episodes and loved the good ones (when referring to the Social Network, I'm referring to some bits of the movie that I did not enjoy). I do have some rather bloated expectations on my own scale. Not that it should matter to anyone else. This derived happiness is like meditation. Its something that keeps me going. Its like a high I get when reading an excellent article or a good paper which is a bad analogy as it happens so rarely. Just that this is multiplied over the ('t' minutes of each episode / movie) x ('n' number of episodes). n =1 for a movie.

If you do get the time, and if you are patient. Please please please invest watching Kevin Spacey at his absolute best. A special word of appreciation goes out to Robin Wright, who in my opinion should win the Emmy. She is so bloody good. I cannot begin to tell you how she easily overshadows Spacey's role itself.
Kate Mara is good, but the couple of the show mentioned above are superlative and brilliant. They drive the show entirely. They are excellent. I have watched 3 episodes at this time. The 4th is being buffered. One more episode and then work begins.!

I hope indeed that the story is good and the screenplay (Beau Willimon) well written. Well, thats 10 episodes to go. Kudos to the folks behind the House of Cards. And here's thanking Netflix for bringing it to us at this time.

At this time, a quote from Reed Hastings had me all impressed.
Quote: "The goal is to become HBO faster than HBO can become us". Unquote.


Addendum : I should mention that I went non-stop until 11 last night. I have 2 more. I don't know how I managed to stop. Should be done before the week actually begins! Its so effing dark! You get a high on how dark it gets! "How its all Politics!". Remember the Usual Suspects and Kobayashi and Verbal Kint : Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright and Kate Mara do an excellent job!


Addendum 2 : Its mad. Period. 10-13 are bloody mad. The stage is now set for Season 2.