Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Eulogy.

I had never heard of a Ray Bradbury until sometime ago. And then he passed onto a lovelier realm hopefully. And people started writing things like this. Everyone had things to say about this gentleman. And I hadn't even heard of him. So I decided to run around and find things about him. Books about him that would make a good read. Well as simple as that task seems, the really hard task is to get myself to read it. I get bored after 5 pages of any book. And owing to my rather minuscule attention span, I get distracted rather soon and divert my attention to Facebook or News pages or of late Netflix.

On one of my distraction runs, I found myself questioning what it is that I learn on a daily basis. On another thought provoking discussion with NR, I came to the conclusion that I barely learn anything new. One post it note and some table banging minutes followed. And then, I came across this. Immediately after I did the smartest thing I've done in sometime. I found this in the Marriott. And since the evening, I've been reading a happy book.

After reading the preface of the book, I had made up my mind to read more of this fine writer. I have nothing else to say. AND I don't think I should be the one saying anything about Ray Bradbury.

To Ray Bradbury. Cheers.



Aside : I never did a good job following books to read and reading about nice people. I guess I missed out on a whole lot of fun.