Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pitch.

I have been reading Ray Bradbury's book on Zen and Writing. I had plans to finish it in one day (3 hours more so) but as you know distractions won!

So, I had this really cool idea. I was watching the pre-match show before the Germany Denmark match today.

You know when the kids walk out onto the green holding hands of these amazing stalwarts of the game. Imagine what'd be running on their minds ?

Have you thought about how they must be feeling ? They're kids no. But the lights and the flashing cameras and the cheering and all should be overwhelming to the people when they first step onto the pitch I would like to assume.

So in the book, the author says that one should always maintain lists. Of nouns. As they end up as good story titles! :D

Following his suggestion, this would be titled the Pitch. The general idea is to highlight the enthusiasm and excitement on the mind of a kid who escorts players in a local league. He is so inspired by the first time. He makes it his dream to follow soccer/hockey and make it to one of the teams on the local league. I aim to end when he makes it to the team. I had twist too!

I should have written it out. But yeah, I'm too lazy. I gave up even before I started.